Monday, October 29, 2007

Back to School

My head almost exploded today. It started during the Year 8 lesson, but as the Year 10s bounced around all about me, and one boy who had been particularly uncooperative at the start of the lesson started saying, "Listen to Miss, everyone! Help her out! I feel sorry for her", the tension in my body got worse and worse, the pressure in my blood obviously getting higher and higher, until I felt as if I were about to explode. You're not allowed to throw things at the pupils to get their attention, but I came very close to taking off my shoe and banging it on the whiteboard. Probably not a great idea, though, so I think it was best not to do that.

Two members of staff out, so that didn't help, but it wasn't too problematic. For me, anyway. It probably was for the poor teachers having to cover the lessons.

Have printed out all 20,000 words of my dissertation so far. Still have quite a bit to do, tidying up etc, but it's coming on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember what Grannie would say, "The main thing is not to worry!" Sorry to hear about your day, it did not sound very good!

Have you never thought about a career change - to a Private School perhaps - where the parents may have a vested interest in their children paying attention and actually learning.....

And Rangers lost to the Arabs!!

Never mind, Joseph was great and we met Craig Chalmers and his parents in a restaurant after the show. What a nice lad he was!

Well tomorrow is another day. Hang in there!