Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Suits, Basketball and Celebrations

Must try and focus on the positive today! Even though I'm missing out on the Eastern European Evening because I don't feel so well. And the hall and dining hall look great! I wore a skirt suit today, and in every class, and also while I went through the playground, at least one student would comment on how smart or how nice I looked! A couple of students asked where I got my shirt from, and one pupil asked if I had an interview after school! I have to say, it made a hard and busy day a bit brighter, a bit easier.

Then at lunch I went to watch "my boys" (from my form) beat the others to win the house basketball tournament, which was fun too (apart from being hit smack in my stomach by the ball at one point). I am their lead supporter - difficult trying to get them to join in with a house chant though! They just look a bit embarrassed at their noisy form tutor! But I think they appreciate it, which is nice. And one pupil was dressed very smartly as their manager, and was receiving praise from the other pupils for the team winning, which was lovely too!

So there are good moments every day.

No comments: