Saturday, May 31, 2008

Radio with pictures

I now know how John Logie Baird came up with the idea! I was resting on the sofa - I've got a terrible cold and had to get up early to have the car MOT-ed and taxed, so it's really taken it out of me! - and I had a very interesting dream. Mum and Dad were there, and we were listening to the radio. The bit I remember most clearly was when there was a man being interviewed on the radio who had caught a whole load of big fish. He was obviously particularly interested in the marlin that he had caught - a long nosed one and a baby one and another type as well - and he couldn't very well go swimming in South Africa, so obviously he caught them instead. As we listened, there were photos - a very blurry close up of the man's face, reclining on a deckchair on the deck of the boat while he fished - which I handed to mum to pass to dad, with a comment that he looked very pleased with himself - and a close up from his photo album showing the fish that he had caught.

I'm not sure what it was that roused me from sleep, but I realised that Evan Davies, who in my dream was about to start a discussion on Agas, was, in real life, really hosting a discussion about agas! So I asked H if there had been a man talking about fishing, and he said he thought so ... I'm about to go and find out, so watch this space for links!

(Mr Gregorak has been named "the Greatest Fisherman in the World" - the link on the radio is 26 mins in, if it's still there!)

No comments: