Sunday, July 27, 2008

My first week

Right. I thought I'd write a review of my first week on holiday. So here goes ...

Saturday 19 - Played around with some new ICT stuff and surfed the web all day.

Sunday 20 - Church. Helped H get some stuff ready for exhibitions.

Monday 21 - Lazy day, but a lovely evening walk and bus ride down the Thames. Fell and scraped my knee, which still has the marks of the bruises.

Tuesday 22 - Lazy day, I think I did some tidying, and started hoovering and scrubbing the floor.

Wednesday 23 - Scrubbed the floors for most the day; evening constitutional to Canary Wharf.

Thursday 24 - Went to the V&A; paddled and took photos. Visited Westminster Cathedral then met up with H and his friend.

Friday 25 - Didn't do much during the day, but went to see The Dark Knight in the evening.

Saturday 26 - Too hot to do much. I got up to do the shopping and the washing, then wandered around for much of the day in a long top and not much else.

Sunday 27 - Got up and went to the Doctor Who Proms concert this morning. It was excellent! There were Judoon, Cybermen, Sontaron, Ood and Daleks - even Davros was there! Out of the companions, Martha (Freema Agyeman) did most of the presenting, and there were guest appearances from Mickey, Jackie and even Donna Noble (Catherine Tate)! Which was great. As was the music. A nice mix of Doctor Who themes, including some real classics like Doomsday, along with some relevant classical pieces - Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet, Holst's Jupiter from the Planet Suite, and Wagner's The Ride of the Valkyries, for example. Afterwards, we went to the V&A so I could show H the pool, and I paddled for a bit as well as having a nice relaxing lunch there. Then we came back and I was too hot to move so slept on the sofa (by accident ...) while H went to buy some materials for his work. Eventually I woke up and have done some focussed surfing, mostly uploading photos to the computer etc. And I can't believe the time already!

Right. We have visitors from Tuesday onwards, so it's going to be a busy week. I might not pop by too much here but instead try to update next weekend, when things have calmed down again. But tomorrow I really ought to get this space spic and span, as well as heading to the shops for a bed and an anniversary present. Can't believe I haven't even bought a card yet! Oh dear. But today was lovely! (Although more for me than H!)

No comments: