Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Space Centre

For some (slightly worrying) reason, we're still on-line ... so I'm still waiting to be cut off ...

Anyway, in the meantime, yesterday I had a lovely day out in Leicester with a former colleague of mine and her little brother and sister at the Space Centre. We all really enjoyed it: the cinema experience ('Astronaut', narrated by Ewan McGregor) was excellent, lying back and feeling as if you were zooming through space and time, and the simulator was also great fun, where we felt as if we were landing on Europa - the 3D effects were good, and we were bumping all over the place!

Got home, where I discovered that my phone was still on silent, so I had missed the message from H saying he had gone to the cinema, and maybe I could join him - it started at 8:30pm. Well, it was at least 8:40pm by then, but the bus only takes about 10 minutes to get there, so if I was lucky I might not miss too much - so I ran downstairs, and waited for a but. I must have just missed one, because there was no sign for ages, and the next one was running late, so it didn't arrive until about 9:15pm. Anyway, I ran to the cinema and was only about an hour late in arriving. I sat at the front until the screen lit up a bit more, when I looked for H. He loves sitting right in the middle of the audience, normally not too near the back, so I looked around there - and found him! I thought there was a seat beside him, so began walking along the row, only to discover too late that there were people on either side of him. So I sat a couple of seats along. I think he was pleasantly surprised to see me! I hadn't missed too much (well, about 40 minutes of chases and fights, apparently) so managed to work out what was going on pretty quickly and quite enjoyed the relentless pace of the rest of the film.

Tonight we're going to watch England v Germany at Wembley, tomorrow I'll go in to school to collect the GCSE results (which hopefully will be miles better than the A Level ones), and on Friday H has booked us tickets for the Prince aftershow party at the O2. So a busy few days lined up!

No comments: