Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Carol Service

When I looked out the door this morning, I wondered what had happened - I couldn't see anything! Then I realised it was really foggy, so misty that I couldn't see far at all. Frozen fog. And the alarm hadn't gone off, so I had slept in. Then I couldn't get rid of the frost, so I had to pour hot water over the windscreen before I left. Still managed to arrive in time though.

So tired I curled up on the two comfy sofa chairs in the departmental office at lunchtime and slept for half an hour. Haven't done that before.

At the end of the day a few of us went out for dinner then came back and enjoyed the Christmas Carol Service.

However, the highlight of the day was one of my Year 9s reciting his lyrics about how men should treat women (ie with respect, well) and it was excellent - great lyrics, rhythm, rhyme, meaning. Unsure how I', going to manage to assess all these poems though!

No comments: