Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Christmas Holidays!

Had a lovely last day on Friday. Only a few students came in, but we played pass the parcel and they all joined in with the forfeits - a bit half heartedly, and so that they could win the chocolates, but still! - and we danced a bit to some music, and when I started singing "We wish you a merry Christmas" just before we left the classroom to head to the hall for the Carol Service, they all joined in! So that was great. The Carol Service was good too, and then it was nice to go back to my HoD's house for pizza with our new PGCE student. Absolutely shattered by the time I got home - a great idea on H's behalf to order a takeaway, after which I slept for about 12 hours.

We went shopping for the first time this Christmas yesterday. H bought me a new jacket for Christmas, and persuaded me to buy a smart black one that was in the sale. I bought him a couple of small things for Christmas, and he bought himself a laptop bag and a sleeveless jumper. We had a lovely lunch at Nandos - chicken livers, chicken burger in pitta bread, quarter chicken, chips, rice, coleslaw and corn, with tasty frozen banana yoghurt for pudding to cool down my mouth. Don't worry, we shared the rest, that wasn't just my dinner! Then we came home and watched the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which was fun.

Have just arrived back from church, and am waiting for H to get up and dressed so we can go to Sainsbury's for the grocery shopping and maybe buy a little Christmas tree and a few small decorations for the house. Then the plan is to come home, tidy up and decorate. I might even get a bit of marking in to try and get it done before Christmas. Then some London shopping tomorrow ...

No comments: