Thursday, January 10, 2008

Year 8s and group work

I think I might try and give them more. They had to sort out some statements about put them in order of most important to least important, then use these statements to write a short essay about going to church. Another quite noisy lesson, but most completed almost a page of their own work, so I'm quite pleased with that!

Had a visiting teacher today. She's really enthusiastic which is great, and got on very well in my classroom with the students, so it will be good to have her again, later in the year. However, she is a bit too eager! Someone more enthusiastic than me! And more talkative than me! So I think we'll need to train her in quiet thoughtfulness as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

someone more enthusiastic than you - I don't believe it! Hope next week sees the children settling in and listening more