Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I taught Year 9s today!

Yesterday was a really bad day. Taught all day and couldn't get much done. Year 9s were very bad - no work really achieved. Sat at the end of the day discussing teaching ideas with a colleague. This inspired me.

During one class, I said to one pupil, perhaps I should give up. He said, "Miss, think of Jesus. What would he do? Would he give up?" He then he assured me that he was listening, so I continued, a bit encouraged that at least one person was learning something!

Today I taught the year 9s! They had a sentence, four words long. This sentence had to be expanded, with a prize for the group who could make the longest, grammatically correct, sentence. I had a few good examples - they became quite competitive. Had one with 83 words, and another with over 100 words, but perhaps too many ands!

Felt more positive.

No comments: