Saturday, March 08, 2008

What did I do today?

Well, I'm feeling a bit guilty because I haven't done much, and I surely have lots to do. But then I thought ... I have just finished a week of teaching, maybe sometimes it's okay to not do much ...

I woke up, listened to some radio, did the laundry, did the weekly shop, came home, hung up the washing, put away the shopping, did the dishes (H made a delicious chicken in a tomato sauce last night), made some lunch (spatchcock poussin with roast potatoes and veg), read the Review, Family and Sport sections of the Guardian, read last week's Observer Sports Magazine, watched some Teachers' TV videos, played Scramble (like Boggle) on Facebook, browsed the internet a bit, watched Scotland beat England (yeah!!), listened to Barnsley beat Chelsea (yeah!), and here I am, thinking that I haven't done much all day.

But then again, last week I had a meeting after school on Monday, was prepared to do a revision class on Tuesday (no one turned up), had a meeting on Wednesday then met up with a friend, spent the whole of Thursday in a meeting that went on for an hour after school, then helped our new cover teacher plan lessons after school on Friday. I lost out on two PPA periods with meetings and added lessons, and have spent my other frees supporting the cover teachers, so I suppose it's okay to have not done much today! But I still feel as if I should have done more ... Maybe prepared some lessons, planned some homeworks, written some essays ... (what do you mean I haven't got any to do?!) ... tidied up the house more ... made dinner ... finished the dishes ... read some real books ... gone to the shops ... been outside more ... ???

No comments: