Friday, April 04, 2008

Notes from this week

A busy sort of week with some late nights, and a few observations.

On the tube today, I heard one word in English, then a whole stream of conversation whose language I could not make out. What was it? Then, I tuned in ... the two boys sounded like my cousin, and were speaking in a broad Scottish accent! It was bad enough when I had overheard two Geordies that I thought were Dutch, but two Scots ...!

A couple of days ago ... I did not see the face of the woman, whose head was covered in a grey scarf, as she was walking away from me, and I was stuck in traffic going nowhere ... but the man stood for quite some time, looking her way, his fingers kissed by his lips, his Italianesque face gazing after her, stopped in his tracks.

One of my students did a great impersonation of his Dad dancing in class today. Very funny - and very good dancing!

I've been on the tube a couple of times this week. I enjoyed the walk through the park to school this morning. The grey squirrels skip up the trees as if attached by velcro.

I've rearranged my classroom, and, apart from the students who have been rebelling against the seating plan, I've noticed a bit of an improvement in behaviour. In some of the classes, students have produced more work.

After my accident, we are still waiting to get a date for the work to be done on the car. Next week some time. We need to get a new tyre first.

It's annoying ... there were a few funny things that happened that I wanted to share, but now I can't remember what they were! I had a few late nights, and also a couple of busy nights, so I couldn't write at the time.

Right. That will have to do then!

No comments: