Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's Sunday again

It's really busy at school, so I'm not managing to make as many entries as I'd like! So the highlights of the past week?

Well, we will be having the TV cameras in next month, so I've a bit of planning for that.

Yesterday on the tube, someone touched my hand to get my attention - I turned and looked at the teenager, who said "Hello Miss" - then I recognised him, a former pupil who is now at college. But I'm still kicking myself, because I still can't remember his name. Which is really annoying me. It's about the first time I've been in that position - I'm normally quite good. Actually, that's an interesting reflection in itself - I'm not normally that great at remembering people's names if I meet them socially, but considering I've had to teach hundreds, if not thousands, of pupils over my teaching career, it's quite surprising that I'm not too bad at learning the names fairly quickly when I have new classes. Although they sometimes slip my mind when I meet them the following year ...

I gave a presentation on some research I did a couple of years ago last Wednesday. Seemed to go down okay.

Had my other course yesterday - learnt that I can write a lesson plan instead of writing an essay, so that's good - I'm going to try and start that later this afternoon.

Of course, some of the biggest news of the week was the leaving of Jose Mourinho from Chelsea. We are in mourning ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid we will be in even deeper mourning if he comes to Tottenham and poor old Martin Jol is kicked out...