Saturday, December 02, 2006

ABC Favourites ...

Via Today's Lessons. Just in case you wanted to know more about me ...

*A- Favourite Animals: Hippos, elephants - tapirs when I was younger and I suppose they're still quite cute ... I'm not really an animally-type person.
*B- Favourite Bad Habit: (You know, that one that you like too much to even try to break. You like being addicted.) Eating too much
*C- Favourite Cookie: Chocolate chip, I think. Although I'm not *that* fussy!
*D- Favourite Drink: Emmm ... I've always been a bit of a camel ... I like cold water, not from our tap ... I've recently got a thing for Bailey's liquour coffee ... hot chocolate with cream et al.
*E-Favourite Egg Style: It depends on what mood I'm in ... I like scrambled, but don't have them much - mostly have fried or boiled. I enjoyed poached when I had a special poacher pan. Can't do it anymore!
*F- Five Favourite Fiction Books: Very hard! Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and Emma; Malorie Blackman's Noughts and Crosses; Jostein Gaarder's The Soltaire Mystery; maybe Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist? So many great books, it's hard to choose five favourites!
*G-Favourite Gadget: My mobile phone that takes pictures.
*H- Favourite Hymn: Great is thy faithfulness ... ?
*I- Favourite Ice Cream: Strawberry. With real strawberries. Luca's!
*J- Favourite Jam: Fluctuates between strawberry and raspberry.
*K-Favourite Kid's Books: I have enjoyed the Harry Potter books. And I would recommend anything by Malorie Blackman.
*L-Favourite Love Song: Celine Dion, "Tell him". Also love "Your Song" by Elton John, which finishes our wedding video.
*M-Favourite Memories: So many! My year in East Africa probably contains the highest proportion ...
*N-Favourite Nonfiction Books: I would need to include H's book that's being published in 2008! But at present ... I've enjoyed reading Maya Angelou's autobiographical series.
*O-Favourite Operatic Song: Quite enjoyed listening to Carmina Burana (sp?) at uni, with my flatmates taking part. Also have a soft spot for Gilbert and Sullivan from long car trips to visit Gran, although I haven't heard any for a while. A Paradox, a paradox, a most ingenious paradox ...
*P-Favourite Piece of Music at the moment: H suggests Bond theme tunes. But I don't think that can be it ...
*Q-Favourite Quiet Spot: At certain times, inside my head, when I can take myself back to some favourite places ... but normally my mind is racing with ideas ...
*R-Favourite Reading when you're sick: Something easy and light. Like the Guardian Saturday magazine.
*S-Favourite Song that you want played at your funeral: Be Still My Soul, music: Finlandia, as played by a full orchestra.
*T-Favourite Task: Task?! A task that can be seen as a favourite?! Emm ... writing memos? Well, I suppose cooking, since I do enjoy that ... no, tasks are not my strong point! (It took me a long time to get my housekeeping badge at Guides!)
*U- Favourite Ugly Animal: (Can you think of a better question for u?) Hippopotamus? But they're not really ugly, just maybe had a bit of a bad press!
*V-Favourite Vintage Book: There's an old book full of children's poems and "illustrated plates" that used to belong to Great Granny that I love. I love the smell of all her old books!
*W-Favourite Writing of C.S Lewis: The Screwtape Letters
*X-Favourite Word That Starts with X, Because The Equuschick Couldn't think of Any But xylophone: The only word I can think of is xenophobia, which I couldn't really say is my favourite word beginning with X!
*Y - Favourite Yellow item: Bananas are okay, but I couldn't say they're that exciting, really. Can you think of a better Y favourite? Because this one was missed out, so I made up the Yellow category, but it's rubbish!
*Z-Favourite Zoo: Edinburgh. Rolling hills, chimpanzees, the Reptile House, baby tigers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great fotos. Were they taken on your mobile? Or did you use a real camera?

Nzeru Louisa said...

Thanks. All photos were taken on my mobile - I'm quite impressed myself with the quality! Even the dinosaurs, which were taken in very low lighting, have come out okay!