Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's the holidays!

We've finally arrived at that longed for day ... the beginning of the Christmas holidays!

The end of the term is marked each year by a Carol Service, with the support of the excellent forty-strong choir, and the superb drama production - which this year broke with tradition by featuring a fairly standard retelling of the Nativity story. With a postman as the messenger, Gabriel. Lots of good little touches ...

Unfortunately my pleasure was seriously inhibited by the fact that I kept having to turn round to tell some of the boys in my form to stop talking, sit up, listen, leave each other alone etc. So five of them now have a detention on the first Monday back with our Head of House.

I managed to eventually finish the Sixth Form Reports and joined the rest of the staff at the pub after most of them had left ... still, quite a number of my friends were there so I stayed for a bit. Left when they started on the shots, though! Could hardly keep my eyes open on the way home ... managed to arrive in one piece, though, and now I know I can rest a bit, which is great!

I will still be in touch over the holidays, charting what a teacher gets up to when they're not at school ...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your card and your blog address - lovely to see what you have been up to, though i am fascinated by how often you eat beef stew...!! We have finally got a car so should be able to pop over to you in the new year!

Nzeru Louisa said...

Glad it arrived so quickly! You might be interested to know that we had another favourite tonight ... stovies! I think perhaps that should be one of the labels ... (Coincidence time - H has just brought up the mail, and I paused from writing this comment to open a Christmas card - from you! Thanks!)