Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Year 7 headache ... continued!

I'm sure you've all been waiting to hear with baited breathe how the Year 7s were today ... Well, after sending them all outside, extricating a couple from a fight, sending them into another classroom, feeding them into my room one at a time in silence, and sending out six again for talking or shouting out, we eventually managed to have five of them contributing to reading the Luke's Gospel story of the birth of Jesus from the Bible, with the others listening in silence ... it was actually quite peaceful, and the pupils who read, read well ... I think I'll just have to keep on sending them outside if they talk. Unfortunately most lessons the other classroom is full, and sending them to the referral room means filling in forms etc.

I managed to get home early. H has made a lovely dinner. Also, lots of cards have arrived. Let's hope they keep on coming and don't get lost!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, have you had a letter and a card from your Gran yet. If so could you let her know.

Hope you get many more cards! And as for year 7, have you threatened them with your singing yet!?

Nzeru Louisa said...

Singing ... I've not tried that yet. Perhaps it would work ...!!!

I phoned Gran while you were texting! Great to have so many cards and letters arriving safely so far.