Friday, June 22, 2007

Recharging my batteries

Meeting went well today - three more assessments planned with success criteria! Yeah!

Got up promptly, because I was worried the alarm might not go off again. Had forgotten to buy new weetabix, so had a banana and plum instead. Very quick breakfast, so decided to leave a bit earlier than normal. Raining, a bit earlier so more overcast and darker than normal, so put on my lights. Arrived at school early - not many others about - still pouring with rain. Switched off engine, sat in car until the rain was a bit less, then decided that I would get less wet getting out the passenger side of the car because when I get out the main side of the car I need to squeeze past the wet door of the car then I'd still have to open the passenger side to get my stuff out the car, so left by the passenger side. Arrived 40 minutes before briefing, so about half an hour earlier than I have been arriving for the past few months. Just as briefing was starting, a colleague came and told me that my headlights were still on. Ran out of briefing.

Realised that because I'd left by the passenger side, the buzzer thing to remind me about my lights hadn't gone off.

Turned the key ... no engine.

Well, to cut a long story short, I eventually found someone with jump leads who said he'd come and jump start the car at lunch. I arrived before he did - and this time the car jumped into action! I sat with my foot on the accelerator for about 15 mins just in case.

It's been all good apart from that. A few year 8s were a bit silly, but since the only time I see them is Friday period 6 and we only have about one lesson left, as long as they are not too silly, I don't mind too much. And some did some good work. And it was a nice atmosphere.

No comments: