Wednesday, June 13, 2007

This week

I am trying to get rid of a cold. I have been taking Vitamin C tablets, drinking lots of water, eating satsumas, covering myself in Vic, eating chicken soup, drinking Innocent smoothies packed full of vitamin C, having extra sleep ... hope it shakes itself off soon.

Enjoyed the peace and quiet at lunchtime after the final pupils had left! Decided to come home early to try and get rid of the dreaded lurgy!

A2 had their exam today. My final one. GCSE Year 10s and Resits yesterday - most pupils seem quite happy with it, and I thought it was a fair paper. Most of the topics that came up were ones that were expected.

When we were visiting a friend on Saturday night, quite late, I heard a strange, unearthly screaming sound. I looked out the window, as our friend told me it was foxes. Outside there were at least six foxes, chasing each other through the streets. They were quite aggressive, and our friend's sister was attacked by them once. So I was a bit scared when we left, but it was okay!

Sports Day on Friday. Was a bit offended in the staffroom today at lunch ... a couple of colleagues were discussing who would run in the women's relay team, and were asking loads of women, and mentioning the names of many women on the staff - but not me! Eventually the man sitting next to me suggested "What about NL?", but there did not seem much interest. The original girl discussing it then phoned over to someone else, and mentioned who might take part, "Me, Miss X and -" (here she laughed a bit) Mrs NL"! I know I don't ever take part in anything sporty at school, but I was in the relay team at primary school! (Although I'll definitely not be doing it this year, since I can hardly breath when I'm not moving, never mind trying to run!)

No comments: