Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day Six

Had a lovely day today - met up with a few old friends from uni and their children. Wonderful to see them again, after such a long time! We went to the play park where I got lots of exercise pushing the roundabout round about, seeing and sawing the seesaw, and pulling the pulley thing back up the rope. The children are delightful, and the eldest told me some wonderful stories about her imaginary friends; angels who are covered in multicoloured flowers which have hearts in the centre of each petal. I was lucky enough to stay all day and to help put them to bed at night as well.

It's been a really hot day, and I've continued sweating back at the flat despite the fan being on. I've managed to sort out some of my shoe collection a bit, have finished dusting in the bedroom, and have put all the clothes away.

Breakfast - banana and blackberry smoothie.

Lunch - spaghetti bolognese followed by fruit salad and ice cream.

Afternoon snack - a Feast ice cream!

Dinner - Omelette with cucumber and cherry tomato salad followed by a slice of toast and some homemade gooseberry jam.

(I also had 2 plums and a bagel with honey for supper last night.)

As of this morning, the scales were back at the 11 stone point, which was a bit disheartening but not too much - after all, it's not been a week yet, and I know my weight can fluctuate at different times. I definitely have lived a healthier life this week, doing lots more active work in and around the house, walking much more than normal, and eating lots of fruit and vegetables. I have not had any chocolate or biscuits, have felt healthy, and think I look healthy. Perhaps my fat is turning into muscle!!

However, tomorrow I shall visit my Auntie ... and who knows what we'll eat when I am there?! I'll try to stick to the healthy options, but I'll not have as much control over my choices, and I am sure there will be many more temptations!

H may come home a bit earlier, which will be lovely. I think he's really enjoyed his Grand Tour, and I'm looking forward to seeing his photographs and hearing his tales!

Right. It's after midnight now (I had to finish tidying up before I leave because I didn't want H coming back to a messy house!) so I think I better get to bed so I can make the most of tomorrow! (I slept in this morning!)

No comments: