Wednesday, August 05, 2009

My 2 Week Challenge!

H has gone abroad for a couple of weeks on a work trip, so I am going to make the best use of my time here. It's the holidays, and I have a lot to do. I think I sometimes work best when I have a list and a goal, or a challenge, so I am going to outline some of my plans below. Also, I have decided I am going to try and eat as cheaply and healthily as I can over the next two weeks, and keep a record of what I spend/buy/eat etc. I also hope to do a bit more exercise, by walking rather than taking the tube or buses (we'll see how long that lasts!!), partly in the hope that I can also lose some weight before H arrives home! Then I'll see if I can keep it off!!!

I have started by spending £3.60 tonight on six eggs (£1.55) and some bin liners (£2.05). The bin liners are important, as you will see in my list of things to do, below.

Things to do:

  1. Thursday 6th August - Throw away as much as possible. Old bills, bits of papers, old shoes, broken/torn bags/clothes etc - if it can't be mended, and is no use to anyone anymore, it has to go. Hence the bin bags!
  2. Friday - Good clean of the whole apartment. Dusting, cleaning, hoovering - this is my day for it. Want the house gleaming by Saturday.
  3. Saturday - My cousin is coming to visit in the morning, hopefully will stay for lunch. So I'll need to plan something nice for that. Take it easy day.
  4. Sunday - Church, then any more cleaning etc that needs done. Eg bedroom, bathroom, kitchen. If I didn't manage it on Friday.
  5. Monday - I have lots of computer stuff to do for school. This would be a good day for that, if I have managed to finish tidying the house by then.
  6. Tuesday - One of my friends will have arrived back from overseas by then and hopefully I'll go and see her today!
  7. Wednesday - Probably will go into school today. I still have some windows to cover up and some filing to do. As long as I have an early night and get up bright and early (and take a packed lunch of a homemade sandwich!) then I should have plenty of time to get everything done that needs to be done. Hopefully.
  8. Thursday - I'd like to visit my Auntie. This would be a good time to do that.
  9. Friday - Hopefully at my Auntie's. Obviously, I'll need to phone and ask her first!
  10. Saturday - Might leave Auntie's and go and visit another friend and former colleague of mine on the way home.
  11. Sunday - If I stay over with colleague, then I might still be driving home today.
  12. Monday - I think H is planning on starting his return journey home around now. I'll try to get some more planning done for school, putting stuff on the internet etc. Would love to have everything up and running by the time I get back, and I'd also love to make the most of H not being around to do that. Of course, if I didn't manage to finish tidying the house, then that's what I'll probably be doing!!
  13. Tuesday - Think H will arrive back today. Hurrah!
I should probably think of some nice recipes as well so I can plan my shopping list. But I think I'll leave that for another time!

No comments: