Sunday, July 08, 2007

Busy week!

Can't believe that's the weekend almost over! I've been at a Christian festival with some students that has been fun. Met the Abbot from "The Monastery" (which I never saw, but he was very interesting and friendly), and heard Cardinal Cormac Murphy O'Conner, who was quite funny. He had his little red cap on. Norman Kember was also there, so it was very interesting and insightful to hear about his kidnapping from him. I would have appreciated hearing more about how he felt about being rescued by the SAS though ... he did speak about it briefly, but it seemed to raise a few more questions that it might have been interesting to hear more about. I did have the opportunity to go to another seminar with him later, but instead I chose to go to a different seminar about justice.

The worship was great - a real variety of services, prayer times and music. There were lots of very interesting people, and I had some insightful and engaging conversations. Also loved the ropes course - I only fell off about three times, and I impressed myself by the fact that I managed to drag myself over the top of the tyre wall!

We went to see Die Hard 4.0 on Friday night. I enjoyed it, H wasn't so keen - it was completely implausible, but I was willing to suspend my disbelief more than H, I think!

No comments: