Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter - no spoilers!

I decided I didn't want to accidentally find out what happened - who died, if Harry died, what would happen to Voldemorte, what the Deathly Hallows were etc - before having read the book, and in this multimedia age it's very easy to do that by accident. So H and I made our way to the supermarket just after midnight (I had wanted to be there for midnight, but H had been out with a friend who phoned when he had arrived home while H was booking tickets for the England v Germany game, so in the end we left just after midnight), and there was a longish queue of people waiting to buy the book, which was being sold as quickly as the assistants could get the copies out of the boxes. We also got given a magic wand, which was great, and which I have been waving around as I've been reading it.

I read for about an hour or two after arriving home, reaching page 92 before giving in to sleep. Woke up around 8.30am, and I finished the book at 5pm, with only about half an hour or so off for washing my hair and eating lunch.

So now I know what happened!

Well, now I need to get on with the rest of things that need doing! But at least now I know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a life!

Nzeru Louisa said...

It's great being on holiday, and have the luxury of spending all day in bed reading. Not everyone's cup of tea, and I don't do it *that* often, but it is good to have a reason for doing so! Makes a nice change from planning lessons and marking, I can tell you!