Monday, July 16, 2007

Dance and Drama

My thighs, legs and bottom are all a bit sore after the African dance session today - lots of stamping and jumping. I even tried to wiggle a bit, but I'm not so good at that! Then we had drama, which was fun to watch - it was great to see such huge smiles across the faces of the Year 8 girls who can often look quite sullen in their attempts to be cool. We played "Port, Starboard", which I haven't played for years (probably since Guides), and it was much enjoyed by all - including me, who eventually joined in! I managed to stay in to the last four. Tomorrow I'm down to assist with etiquette ... I'm not sure what that will involve, but as I headed towards the canteen, a Year 7 boy took off his baseball cap and clutched it to his chest - it was only after we greeted him and walked on that the AHT and I realised that he must have been at etiquette classes! Perhaps we should have curtsied in reply!

No comments: