Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Bonkers

I've decided my Year 7s are just plain bonkers. At one point I had about five pupils in the room - that was all - and they were *still* bouncing off the walls! When the rest of them arrived, we all had to go and line up in the rain for about five minutes. "When you are all silent and facing the front, then we'll go in." I thought it was easy to understand ... I didn't even ask them all to be silent for five minutes, or ten, or fifty - just to be silent. They're not too good at silence. Individually, some very nice pupils, and a lot are enthusiastic and friendly personalities. But not necessarily conducive to learning ... At least we managed to get to the end of the lesson this time. And only about five minutes or so after the bell went at the end of the day.

One more teaching day, then I'm on a two day conference. Hurray!

No comments: