Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Funding!

Have learnt today that my application for a bursary has been accepted! So my uni fees will be paid, and I'll now need to organise a markers' course for my year 11s. It's quite exciting, but also a bit of a wake up call - it will be expected that my research will have academic results, so I have more pressure on that class to do well now. Their target grades at the moment are lower than they should be capable of achieving, according to their SATs results; I hope that most will get Cs, although it will be more than a surprise if they do, it'll be a minor miracle. Still, miracles do happen.

A few of the members of that class are owe me an apology following their behaviour in the last lesson. I saw one boy yesterday, and he told me that no-one is going to apologise. It'll be a nice quiet lesson then. I've arranged for the on-call teacher to come and have a conversation with me while the pupils arrive, so that if any do refuse to apologise, she'll be able to take them away immediately. But also, it might encourage them to apologise. We'll see ... anyway, hope we can get back on track so my research runs smoothly this year!

No comments: