Thursday, November 23, 2006

Surprisingly subdued

My Year 10 classes were surprisingly subdued today. Not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, but for the majority of the lesson the majority of the pupils were listening sensibly and on-task.

In fact, since the Year 11s were sitting an exam elsewhere, and my other class was A Level, it's been quite a nice day.

We're celebrating H's birthday tonight with lamb shanks and roast potatoes. I've never cooked lamb shank before, so I hope I can get it to be tender and tasty like the lamb shank we get in restaurants, rather than being tough and terrible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely! Hope H had a great birthday and his birthday dinner went well. Did H get lots of birthday cards?

Nzeru Louisa said...

The lamb was delicious! It did just flake off the bone, and the rosemary cook-in sauce gravy was delicious too. H has declared it to be first class, and has mentioned it a few times since, which I take to be great praise!

It was a lovely evening, so a very nice birthday, although only a few cards have arrived so far ... still waiting on any recorded mail ... but got a card from Gran and one from Auntie. And me!