Sunday, April 15, 2007

Books, sunshine, food, conversation

We had a lovely time last night at the launch of a new section of a publishing house. Met lots of very interesting and friendly people, and it involved a banquet for about 70 at a Chinese restaurant, which was delicious! The food flowed all night, and included: prawns wrapped in spring roll pastry (delicious!!!), crispy duck pancakes, pak choi, something that reminds me now of broccoli, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't, duck on prawn crackers, stewed mixed vegetables, very large prawns or scallops or something with deep fried curd, bamboo and water chestnuts, spicy beef, sweet and sour chicken, orange slices and fortune cookies. Now that I've listed that, I'm sure there was more than that ... anyway, it was all delicious, and we couldn't manage to finish it all!

Today has been a lovely day - the hottest so far, I think. We went for a walk in the afternoon and sat for half an hour or so by the riverside, enjoying the sunshine. Also watched the Chelsea v Blackburn game. I've marked one set of books (the smaller set), and am now waiting for Doctor Who ... we missed it yesterday. Had another delicious spaghetti bolognese for lunch (H's speciality at the moment!), and I'm trying to work out what to make for dinner. Also should consider planning my lessons ... I have a new class tomorrow, a year 8, that I'm expecting to be pretty horrible ... it contains some of my form, so at least I know who to complain to if I have a concern! Hope they are so surprised at seeing me that they're not *too* bad ... !!! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear all about it...!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What will your new class see?