Saturday, April 28, 2007

Friday, Friday.

Yesterday - what a day. A few of my Year 11s were positively horrible, but fortunately then left ... it's all been written up and followed up, but not a nice start to the day. Fortunately I had three or four that were keen to learn, but it's still frustrating to have a similar number not wanting to do anything. The Year 10s were completing some English coursework or something, so those not involved were all in a room with myself and another teacher. Didn't do any work, just kept on checking the register! My other Year 11s were fine, although there were only two for most of the lesson, rising to six by the end. Hmmm. And they're not even going to get any exam leave ...

Sounded like the day was going to get worse when I learnt that I had a late cover for PE, then it got even worse when I learnt which group it was going to be. Fortunately, towards the end of lunch, there was a turn up for the books when another PE teacher offered to stand in for me! Lovely of her. So I managed to get some more admin done, then went to teach my new Year 8 class - the first time I've met them - and it wasn't wonderful, but it wasn't too bad either. Made about five calls at the end of the day ...

When I got home, H had started tidying up the house, which now is looking pretty good. After dinner, there was a programme about Elgar on, and that inspired me to get my violin out. Haven't played for ages, but eventually managed to tune it up, and had a great time playing around on it, musically inspiring H to carry on with the tidying up (it's mostly his work stuff, so I couldn't really help out that much ...)

Today, H has gone to Amsterdam ... I miss him, at least he'll be back on Wednesday! I've been at a course all day, and am now doing some computer stuff while watching Doctor Who and other random TV programmes. (Doctor Who wasn't random ... I didn't want to miss him defeating the Daleks again.) Must go!

No comments: