Sunday, April 01, 2007

Palm Sunday

We had a lovely Palm Sunday service today. It was a nice morning, so we met outside in the garden for the blessing of the palms, then we sang a hymn as we processed into church. The Passion Narrative was read - it's quite long, but a good reminder of the story of Holy Week, ending with Jesus' body in the tomb - and the church was filled with palms. Also, the statues and crucifixes are all covered up with cloths, to show that for this week, Jesus is in many ways alone, facing death. I do like the symbolism of the services.

I've not blogged much recently, but I have been blogging elsewhere ... I have a lot of new technology now, for school, and I've been getting to grips with it. It's been quite fun! Hopefully H might be able to make good use of it as well. I'm already thinking of lots of ideas for school.

H is cooking his speciality at the moment - spaghetti bolognese, as taught to us by our visitor the other month. It smells delicious ... I am looking forward to eating it, before we meet with friends and go for a walk on Hampstead Heath.

No comments: