Monday, October 16, 2006

Form Filling

I don't think I realised there were so many forms to be filled in at school! I spent the whole day trying to complete one such form, and in the end I had to admit defeat ... unfortunately that simply means postponement, and I'll need to try and complete it over the holidays, which are (fortunately) fast approaching. I learnt a few interesting things, though, such as some of the responsibilities of the Governing Body. Also discovered that I actually know a few more things about the School than I perhaps thought I did.

My lessons were covered by a supply teacher. He seemed an organised and friendly person, who gave me a clear account of what had happened in the first lesson of mine that he covered. And the classroom looked very tidy at the end of the day, so that bodes well. However, it gives me the opportunity to reflect on supply teaching. Yes, I know there is no (or at least, very little) preparation, and no marking, little to follow up or follow through. However, I really would not like to do that sort of teaching. My behaviour management tends to be based on building up positive pupil relationships; I'm not really a fly in, fly back out again type of person. I'd be worried that I'd just have aggro after aggro all day! I don't really like doing cover either. One of the good things about the Workload Agreement is the "aspiration" (my word, not theirs) that eventually teachers will do no cover at all. Roll on those days!

Well, I have to teach a few lessons tomorrow, so perhaps I'll have something more interesting to say then! In the meantime, perhaps you can think of a topic for my Masters dissertation?

No comments: