Saturday, October 28, 2006

It's Saturday.

It's definitely a Saturday! And other than thinking a little about my dissertation ("A critical investigation and action research into the effectiveness of Assessment for Learning strategies, in particular peer and self assessment, at raising attainment in Religious Studies at GCSE level"), I have not thought about school or school work today.

I slept in again (how am I going to manage to get up for work on Monday, or even for church on Sunday?!), and, on discovering that we'd finished most of the food in the house, we decided that we had better go shopping. So off we went. And when I got back, I decided to cook beef stew. Three hours later ... a delicious stew with crunchy roast potatoes and a bit over done green beans. Tasty!

Since then I have read the paper, slept, and we are now watching Madame Bovary. Again. In French.

I do feel a little guilty. I do still have a few things left to do on my to-do list. A bit of marking. Planning for my A-level students. And I haven't visited my friend with the new baby yet, and I have to make a card for another friend whom I learnt yesterday has also had her first child.

Still, it's the holidays, and it's nice to be at home!

1 comment:

Nzeru Louisa said...

1. Marking - 1 set of books, one set of exam papers
2. Read up and prepare for Year 12/Year 13 lessons
3. Plan lessons/ppts for Year 11
4. Complete planning ppt/talk for uni presentation and school presentation (in case I'm allowed to go...)

It's getting shorter...