Thursday, October 26, 2006

Getting on with the marking ...

I slept in again ... today I have marked four sets of books, thought some more about my dissertation, learnt that we used to live in one of the worst areas to live and now live in an area that was even nearer the top of the bad areas to live in the UK!, made some more delicious stovies, and have begun to read "The Puzzle of Ethics" which I think will be much more accessible for my A-Level students than the book I've been using at the moment.

Funnily, I don't feel that I've done school work all day today, but since I've been doing that since dinner, I can't really remember what else I've done! Humdrum stuff anyway, like washing the shower curtain. We're going out tomorrow though!

2 comments:

Nzeru Louisa said...

Just in case you were wondering ... my to-do list now reads:

1. Marking - 1 set of books, one set of exam papers
2. Read up and prepare for Year 12/Year 13 lessons
3. Plan lessons/ppts for Year 11
4. Complete planning ppt/talk for uni presentation and school presentation (in case I'm allowed to go...)
5. Email my dissertation proposal and begin research at the British Library
6. Shopping (buy printer ink)

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon Nzeru Lou isa,
Glad that your list is changing on an hourly basis. Hope you have had a nice day today!

Is stovies your speciality dish? I have never seen stovies being prepared on Ready, Steady,-Cook!

You must have had a really tough upbringing if you lived in one of the worst areas to live before you moved to your present location - whereever that is!

Perhaps there were no Stovies Bars around!

Have a nice weekend! Hope your disertation goes well!