Sunday, March 04, 2007

Eclipse of the Moon


Like many other people, last night we watched the eclipse of the moon. Not continually ... unlike some lucky people, who could see the moon from the warmth of their living room out the window, we had to go outside to see the changing state of the moon, so we went out from time to time to see how it was getting on. I took a few photos ... unfortunately I forgot we had a tripod, and when I remembered, it seemed to much hassle to put it all up just before going to bed! So the photos are very blurry, and the moon, of course, was very far away ... I'm just downloading them just now, and it looks like I've taken loads of tiny pinpricks of light on a black rectangle! They are all very similar. Ah well!




It was a nice day yesterday. I got my new glasses, and had no problems exchanging my trousers. In the afternoon I went through some admin I had to do ... data, statistics, that sort of stuff ... and in the evening we read a bit.

This morning I had a nice walk to church, and we had coffee and cakes afterwards, which is always nice. H bought cream cakes yesterday which we had this afternoon - delicious! It's ages since I've had a cream cake. Today has also been productive - H has been writing and editing, and I've inputted all the data from my questionnaires onto an Excel spreadsheet, so I can begin analysing the findings. Still have some lessons to plan, though.

And we had stovies (and salmon) for lunch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

liked your picture of the moon especially the orange one. the view we got was good but it didn't go orange!