Monday, March 05, 2007

Parents? What parents?

So, I expected to see two mothers today. Turns out I got the day wrong for one of them - she is coming tomorrow - and the other one couldn't come because of back injuries. Which was a shame really - the Head of Year came to join us for the lesson, and it was the best lesson we've had in a long time. And she had a really nice way with them, which gave me more ideas on how to deal with that class (and others). A very positive lesson - about sin!

I had my new year 10 group for the first time today. Most were fine, but a few (about five) spoilt it for the rest of them ... we couldn't get anything done because of those few. Refusing to sit where they were supposed to, continually talking and so on. I sent one girl to the Referral Room because she shouted at me. I must try to see her in the next couple of days. One left via the window. Must arrange another detention for him. Another four or five left before being dismissed. Must follow all of them up. Must get on top of them now, so we can proceed. I have my second new group tomorrow. Let's see what happens there! Can't remember if that side looked "harder" or not!

Then I had a SACRE meeting looking at the Agreed Syllabus. Very interesting. It starts at KS1, so I am interested in seeing the sort of progression that will lead up to Year 7 pupils.

No comments: