Friday, March 16, 2007

Ofsted

So, the day has finally come. Ofsted will come to school next week. And, being responsible for RE in a Catholic school, I will have my very own interview, and the department will have its very own inspection, by the Diocese. Fun! I have a busy weekend, then a busy Monday and Tuesday, so I'm not entirely sure when I'm going to finish my marking and make sure I have all the statistics at my fingertips ... I will try and finish one set of marking tonight. And maybe complete a departmental review.

Other than that ... had a good Bible study meeting last night, very informative and interesting, as always. Then H and I went onto an exhibition opening, that we then realised was last week, so we headed home via Canary Wharf.

Today was my first not so great day ... the Year 11s were not too great, and a few of the Year 10s kept talking and interupted the learning of others. Must move them next lesson ... I was yawning during the A2 lesson, so imagine how they felt. My only free was taken with the third cover of the week, and lunchtime was taken up with a nice conversation with an eloquent Year 7, discussing how she feels the walls are closing in on her, her frustration at the continual disruptions of her class in a variety of lessons, and then I went to a meeting about new technology, which is really exciting. But the cover took away the lesson I had planned on having lunch and making phone calls in, so I'm still hungry, and the calls had to take place at the end of the day. Which is how I learnt about the inspection ...

Right. Let's hope next week is a positive one ... and I'm sure you'll understand if you don't hear that much from me until Thursday at least!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking about you next week! Hope things go well with the Inspectors. If you cannot beat them, why not join them! They must have a nice job travelling about the country feeling a great sense of importance and frightening the daylights out of people!!. Anyway, that is what the bank inspectors felt, judging by their arrogant manner!
All the best anyway, I will just have to get W to read me my bed time story next week!

Anonymous said...

enjoy yourself but take care also!