Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Bank Holiday Weekend Cold

It's always nice to have a long weekend, even if (especially if?) you don't have to do much! We spent a fine few days mostly at home, H working through a few artistic ideas, me mostly messing around on the computer. I came down with a cold, though, suffering from a sore throat for most of the weekend, and it's now a full blown lurgy, with me walking around the school holding onto not a handy pack of tissues, but a full box of them. Fortunately I've not had too many large classes today, which is just as well since I spend half my time talking into the tissues!

One of things I did over the weekend was to make last Friday's recording of my Year 8s into a movie. I showed a couple of them today, and they seemed to love it: "That's sick, Miss!" - no, that's "sick Miss", but I think they meant it as a compliment anyway, and not a comment on my health.

The Year 7s were not quite so productive, although some of them have worked away at the task and seemed to enjoy it. However, most seemed to be on the same bright green game, or the Simpsons. Not a happy bunny about that. Why are the sites that can actually be useful blocked, yet they can all access these non educational and time wasting games?!!

Back to my lemsip.

No comments: