Friday, May 04, 2007

Thank Goodness It's Friday!

It's been the nicest day of the week. As I sat in the Krispy Kreme car park, a little blackbird or starling or something came and sat on my window wipers. He was all black and brown dots and blue, with a green and blue spikey hairdo and a bright yellow beak. He was quite a friendly looking bird, looking right in at me. Very cute. Very multicoloured, for what I presume must have been a baby blackbird? Hopefully a reader will help me out - I'm not much of an orthinographist. Or whatever the proper word for birdwatcher is!

My last lesson was the nicest of the day. I decided to move the Year 8s to my own classroom (I normally teach them elsewhere) and some of the louder ones were absent. We talked about modern day prophets - from MLK to Rev Les Isaacs, who set up the Street Pastor scheme in London - and the different messages God - or humanity in general - would want to pass on. How could modern day prophets get that message across? I tried to get them to think about YouTube, podcasting (they didn't seem to know this term) and bluetoothing. A few pupils then planned and executed (in more ways than one) a short video with the message "Stop using guns!" which I'll make into a nice video over the weekend. Hopefully! So that was a nice way to end the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a baby starling and the word you're looking for is ornithologist. Glad you had a nice day at school

Anonymous said...

Sounds more like a twitcher!

Nzeru Louisa said...

Oh dear, my Latin fairly left me there! Thanks for helping me out!