Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sixth Formers and Computers

I have discovered Joe Jenkin's book on Ethics. It's very good. Wish I'd found it at the start of the year instead of a couple of weeks before the exams.

Sixth Formers were all over the place today. Couldn't teach them. Shame, it was a lesson on Sectarianism, watching the Panorama documentary. I was looking forward to hearing some Scottish accents.

Year 10s ... well, why do they think they're in school? Surely not to learn ... One or two, maybe, but that's not the way it comes across to me.

One of my Year 7 pupils got very upset when he wasn't allowed to play games on the computers ... being in the computer room is supposed to be fun, supposedly, a reward. Not about learning. Although when he realised that I wanted him to learn about a disciple of Jesus, he suddenly got interested, and thought that it must be okay to do the work then. I think he thought I was trying to make him do ICT. Strange.

And now I'm home ... H comes back tomorrow from Amsterdam (hurrah!) so I'll start eating properly again then.

Come on Chelsea!

Must go and do a bit of marking now. And plan a couple of lessons ...

No comments: