Thursday, May 03, 2007

Sore head and tired

I've a sore head and I'm tired. Hence the title of this post.

At the end of the day, I walked into the staffroom, where a couple of teachers who were on the retreat today were talking to a couple of others. "Oh, have you told Nzeru Louisa yet?"one said. "Oh no, what happened?" "Everything. There was a broken leg, a fight, the police were called," "Sex in the corridors ..." It was at this point that it slowly dawned on me that my leg was being pulled. I was well and truly taken in! Mr M said that I had whitened throughout the list of events, and in my head I had begun to worry that I hadn't provided all the contact details ... Goes to show that it takes a lot to surprise me ...

Year 10s are basically unteachable. There are about five in each group who are listening and waiting to learn. The rest are either disruptive, or simply want to be distracted by the others. Two classes. Other teachers assure me it's not just me, there is this attitude throughout the school at the moment. What should we do about it?

No comments: