Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Weekend

I have spent most of it blowing my nose. However, we also went to an model shop then had lunch at Shalimar Restaurant in Brick Lane which was very enjoyable. But it was also very wet ... It's really been pouring down in London these past couple of days! On the way home (yesterday) I also took a detour and wandered past the EastSide apartments in Bow and the Roman Road market. I saw a couple of squirrels and two gigantic plastic red tulips. There are some nice areas around there. I then walked past a building that had a blue plaque dedicated to Annie Besant, who set up the Matchgirls' Union.

This morning I missed church for the first time in ages ... I slept in. My alarm went off, I set it to snooze ... and it didn't go off again! So instead I had a long lie in, and have now finished all the tissues. What a cold. We were supposed to visit H's cousin to see his new baby this afternoon, but decided it wouldn't be fair with the dreaded lurgy still choking me up and making me feel tired and under the weather. So I've been surfing the net while H has been hard at work!

No comments: