Monday, February 26, 2007

Conversations

Just a quick one at the end of a long day (do you know, I worked non-stop from 8am to 5pm, including throughout lunch and break?). Have a bit of a sore head now - not surprising, really! Anyway, other than meetings and three lessons, photocopying, preparing resources etc, I had a cover lesson. Most of the pupils got on with the work - it was computer-based - but a group of about five pupils were more interested in a discussion they were having that in the work. And, to be honest, I was using the time to prepare some more resources, and they weren't disturbing the others, so I didn't intervene too much. Anyway, an interesting discussion that covered issues such as siamese twins, how to get rich, and - well, there was something that made me think, "That's interesting and funny - I should mention that on my blog," but now I've forgotten what it was! But there were some quite philosophical comments ... good to know the pupils are discussing everyday things in a sensible way sometimes!

No comments: