Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Going bananas!

I am very happy to announce that I feel much better today! I think it was a combination of tiredness and not eating much at lunch that contributed to not feeling so well yesterday. However, I had a pot of pasta today which kept me going, and, although still quite tired, I'm very happy!

It was great to arrive home to a delicious plate of spaghetti bolognese - H was keen to try out the recipe he get from our visitor (who is, at present, flying to the other side of the world) - and he made a great job of it! Mmmmm!

So I have decided to reciprocate by using up our old bananas in Delia's banana and walnut without the walnuts loaf. Now, I've never had a cake that wobbled so much before when I cut into it! I was a bit afraid that the insides were going to spill out as soon as I pierced the crusty outer crust ... fortunately it's just the bananas bulging around a bit, but it's very tasty! (H has just finished it, and he has also really enjoyed it - more than he thought he would! Me too!)

School has been school, just in case you're wondering ... although the General Sixth Form RE was marginally better than normal because I showed them a clip from the BBC about the woman who wants to die and that led into an interesting discussion about euthanasia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better today! I was a bit worried about the photograph though - I thought I was still watching Gillian McKeith........
Have a good day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

i don't know that your loaf looks too appetizing but i am glad you & h enjoyed it.

Nzeru Louisa said...

Oh dear! Glad it tastes better than it looks ... although the comments may put me off a bit now!!