Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Running around all day

It's been a running around day! Only a few lessons, but I've never stopped in one place for more than about fifteen minutes at any one time. I had an impromptu meeting with the Deputy Head, which raised a couple of issues I had to deal with straightaway, which weren't even those issues he wanted to discuss. One member of staff was off, which meant I had to go running around to make sure the cover teachers arrived in the right place at the right time. I did a very small amount of book sampling, and wrote up the minutes from yesterday's meeting. I planned a sixth form RE lesson (sort of) then even more sort of tried to teach it. I photocopied and distributed a lot of info, which I prepared last night, and did some general filing. Still loads to do ... I taught a pretty haphazard Year 10 lesson, and as for my Year 7s ... They came through the door wrestling with another class, jammed the door shut, got panicky because they thought they wouldn't be able to leave, started climbing through the windows, fell on the floor, shouted, wandered around, played on the computer ... all this while I tried desperately to get someone to come over to help out and take one (or more) away ... We eventually managed to get them quiet, but no work was completed. I'll write to all the parents. We've kept statements from all of them. It's so frustrating, though. Then I had a long meeting about Ofsted. We're still waiting for that call ...

No comments: