Monday, February 19, 2007

Sweet Dreams

I presume it's because I'm sleeping quite well but then I am still woken up by my alarm ...

The night before last I dreamt that I was swimming through the sky, miles above the ocean, swiimming back to the UK, looking down on the tiny boats and every so often people swimming in the sea, who had presumably jumped off the boats for a swim, they were so far from land. It was a nice feeling, although I was a bit worried about growing tired before I got home, and worried that if that happened I might fall. However, I was enjoying it. Trying to keep out of the way of seagulls and a Stageoach bus that was also travelling in the sky at one point.

Then last night I dreamt of two things ... firstly, I was looking for a plain black handbag, not too expensive. I wasn't having much luck, but then I found a black patent one with a clasp and a long beaded "handle" - not quite what I was looking for, but inside was a wallet, which contained a safety pin, and other useful bits and pieces. The bag cost £6, and, although not exactly what I was looking for, I decided that it was worth it for the wallet alone.

Then, having bought the bag, someone came up to me and asked me to interview some swans. (Aha, Wild Swans - the book I'm reading right now ... perhaps that was the inspiration!) I didn't want to, because I thought it was a bit strange, but also because I was scared of them, because they were as big as dogs and I thoguht they'd jump up at me, but eventually, I had to give in and ended up interviewing a couple of swans. Didn't find out too much, though, because then I woke up.

At least it makes a change from dreaming about school! Bizarre!

No comments: