Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Follow through, follow up.

It's been a not too bad three days, really. Although it didn't end so nicely today ... I started the day with one phonecall to a parent, which ended positively - she is coming to her son's lesson next week and feels "much better" having spoken to me. Although I should have called her before the holidays, really, because of an incident before then. One of those cases that slipped through the net ... lots of passing on but noone catching the ball and running with it. Then, at the end of the day I had to phone another parent about a pupil who had taken a phone call in lesson time - apparently it was from her mum, and I wanted to call and confirm that it was her and explain that I had sent her to the Referral Room for taking a call during the lesson - but I got her older sibling, whom I also teach, who said that she had been on the phone to her mum and then hung up on me. Which I felt was very rude, so made me very angry, but on reflection I am sure she was trying to protect her sister, and perhaps mine would have done the same for me ... ?! Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow. It's the following up on things that's the difficult bit. I'm sure my parents didn't have lots of calls from school ... ??

Busy day tomorrow. Almost a full teaching day, then a meeting with the DFES at uni, then a parents' evening back at school. When will I make that call? Better go and get some sleep now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From past experiences I'm sure that your sister would always stick up for you, however she would probably would never hang up on a teacher!! But on another note, you sound like the kind of person that wouldn't be taking calls in class in the first place and if you did I'm sure that your sister would have quite happily dobbed you in... (and vice versa!)