Sunday, January 07, 2007

And so it begins

Right, I better get ready for bed now.

I don't think I've felt so unprepared for a new term for a long time ... but at least my Year 11 scripts are marked, my Year 7 assessments are marked, and I have written one set of reports. Still one set to go (about 23 pupils in that class, I think), but at least I've broken the camel's back, as it were.

I feel really tired. I would like to have gone through all my paperwork, but that is going to have to wait until first period tomorrow. I have planned a Year 11 powerpoint going through the exam paper, a Year 10 revision lesson in preparation for the test during the following lesson, and a Year 7 "New Year Resolutions" lesson, in preparation for the new Sacraments Scheme of Work. Which I was hoping would be ready by now, but isn't ...

So, that's it. The holiday is over. I've really enjoyed it, we have done lots of nice things, it's been good to back home with my family, it's nice to be back home just the two of us in London, I'm glad I've managed to achieve something, and I've eaten lots of chocolate. Need water and fresh fruit ...

Happy New (Academic) Year, everyone!

No comments: