Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snow!


Snow! In London!

It lasted for about three hours or so before it vanished into sleet then rain, but what a beautiful drive to work this morning! And it was excellent snow - ideal for making snowballs and snowmen - I wish we'd been allowed a "snow day" so we could all enjoy it.

Most of the pupils seemed to quite enjoy it too - I say most because I'm not so convinced that those who arrived with bruised eyes and cut eyebrows really enjoyed the experience of being almost blinded by an iceball!

Other than that, my Year 7s managed almost 20 minutes of good work today! I was enjoying myself ... until one of them realised that his wallet with £25 in it was missing. Pandemonium, and we never did find the money. One of those unfortunate events, and another reason why valuables should not be brought to school.

Still working on our school evaluation form - must be done by tomorrow so I'm double checking the figures and rewriting one of the sections. I have to say, the Deputy Head with responsibility for this has been very supportive and has basically rewritten it for us. Hopefully it'll go down better now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's quite a bit of snow for London! We had a fair amount last night, and the drive to work was nice (well, the views were anyway...). Unfortunately it had all gone by lunchtime - plenty of snowballs though by all accounts... I hid in the Hums block all day!

Your story about not bringing valuables to school reminded me of one of my yr11s yesterday... I am a bit fed up of telling him to put his chewing gum in the bin and I guess he is a bit fed up of being told that... So it was very difficult not to laugh yesterday when he sat down, leaned on the radiator, and got stuck to it, via some chewing gum that someone had helpfully placed there!!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see London getting its fair share of the white stuff!

Never mind, tonight is Burns Night so I hope that you have your haggis, neeps and tatties for dinner. Try a little whisky poured over your haggis - Oban or Clynelish or perhaps a good Orkney malt such as Highland Park or Scapa would be perfect! Not too much though!

Get H to recite a nice romantic Burns' poem to you and then you can do "To a Louse!

Finish off with a wee dram and some water - not too much again as you are driving tomorrow!

Have a great night!
Regards

Nzeru Louisa said...

Laughed at the come-uppance of the chewing gum boy! Wish that would happen more to my lot ...! Yes, lots of ice in the classroom ...

As for the whisky ... ended up using Johnnie Walker's, and I have to say it felt blasphemous. Anyway, it did the trick with the crannachan!