Thursday, January 25, 2007

Burns' Night


And 100th post!

Happy Burns' Night, everyone!

I recited "To a Louse" to the first two Sixth Formers that arrived at my AS lesson ... I think they quite enjoyed it, although didn't really understand it, and at the end, one commented, "Some of the words sound a bit like English, but the rest ... Scottish is a different language, isn't it?" or words to that effect.

H was greeted with a bit of "To a Haggis" before and after I served the haggis ...

The haggis, neeps and ... stovies (H is not too keen on mashed tatties!) were delicious! And H ate most of his lamb chops, but left some of his veg ... haggis and neeps are not his favourites, either! However, I think he's quite enjoying his crannachan - I did!


Other than that, the day has been not too bad, other than not having any lunch because I had a lunchtime meeting with a parent (a successful one, I'm pleased to say), and then I had a couple of unexpected but important and useful meetings at the end of the day. Lessons were okay for a change today! Mostly went fairly smoothly ...

No comments: