Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone reading this has had a Happy New Year, and I wish you all the very best for 2007!

I didn't manage to post yesterday ... I was too busy marking. Have almost finished marking one set of exam scripts, just one set to go.

We had a smashing time at Hogmanay. Just after the bells, my Auntie fell over, pulling me on top of her and thus getting banged on the head with my camera. Since this was going on, we missed the crash that had signalled our hostess dropping all the champagne and glasses in her hallway.

However, we all managed to recover to finish the seven-part quiz, which I enjoyed very much. There were different rounds, including memory and observation, carpet bowls and Name that Tune. I am glad to announce that Mum and I were joint winners overall!

Since we got home sometime after 4am, getting up before noon was a struggle, but I just managed it. Too tired to do much for the rest of the day though ... I did manage to get some marking done, but only just.

We have two sets of visitors today so I'll need to go now. Oh, but what about my New Year Resolutions? Next post, I think.

No comments: