Sunday, January 28, 2007

Funny kind of day

It was nice to have a longish but not too long lie this morning, and to be able to finish my book without worrying too much about getting up ... although I did have a lot planned. As usual. Anyway, we have a visitor coming, and we expected him to arrive at Heathrow early on Sunday morning, so the first priority was to tidy up. H got up bright and early and started emptying the bathroom. I went through the stuff and got rid of lots of old bottles etc ... it's interesting the sort of things that you find in your bathroom. Old bottles of shampoo, soggy plasters, single contact lenses, bits of soap from here and there, runny suntan lotion, half filled mini travel bottles of who-knows-what, blunt razor blades, spilt cotton buds, lotions and potions of indeterminate age ... Anyway, we've been through it all now I think everything left in there is useable and safe! I started sweeping the floor around the dining area, then sorted through the clothes ... anything not to be worn in the next fortnight has been folded away into a suitcase, so there will be room for our visitor to hang his clothes. The bedroom now looks a bit emptier and tidier - still a bit of work to do on it though!

My main task for the day, however, has been writing my methods and methodology review for my dissertation. I have managed to write almost 3000 words, although since I haven't had time to do any reading, most of it is based on my own ideas rather than interacting with the literature, so there's still a lot to be done. However, I'd rather hand in something that needs a lot of work on it than nothing at all ...

In amongst that, H has been to the shops, we've cooked dinner together (veal with Italian potatoes and Chinese/Malawian vegetables) and we've hads our nightly fix of Big Brother. In case you're wondering ... I phoned for Jermaine last night. Although today we thought we would be happy if Dirk wins. Shilpa is the favourite to win, at the moment, but I think Jermaine and Dirk both stand a chance.

So, that's been my day.

And our visitor? Well, we realised this afternoon that he won't arrive until very early on Monday morning, so we don't have to get up super-early to drive to Heathrow tomorrow and I still have time to get the washing done, and go to church! So it's all good.

No comments: