Thursday, January 11, 2007

A straightforward sort of day

Did I mention I feel exhausted? I hope to have an early night tonight - I can hardly keep my eyes open. Other than that, though, I am well and happy. Which is good. Despite some of the things that happen at school!

My Year 11s listened well to the review of the mock exam. Except those who were sleeping. I think about four, maybe five of them. I sympathised. Getting back into the swing of things after the holidays ... However, not very happy with them! A few latecomers were supposed to come back for detention. They didn't.

Both sets of Year 10 ... one learnt the new words, the other did the test (the cheating wasn't quite as blatant, but two girls kept talking so I sent them to the referral room but the refused to go, shouting at me until another teaching arrived to pick them up).

The AS class are now very keen to have extra lessons ... my non-contact tomorrow will now be teaching them, one on Tuesday ... Hope they manage to do well next week.

Had another inspirational meeting with the ex-HoD. She is full of really practical advice and has been very supportive in terms of helping out with new SoW etc.

Right, I think I've told you all quite enough about my day! I really need to cook something, and I even more need to get some sleep ...

No comments: